MySocialScout.net’s policies are to inform you anytime we may be about to collect any personal information about you, regardless of whether it is online, in person or over the telephone. This means that any time you are asked to reveal personal information about yourself to MySocialScout.net or to MySocialScout.net affiliate, we will:
- Tell you why we need to collect the information;
- Tell you what we intend to do with it;
- Tell you who, if anybody, we intend to share it with and why; and
- Give you the option to either:
o Consent to that collection of information and proceed with providing it to us for its intended purpose to redeem a service or product; or
o Stop what you are doing and discontinue providing us with that information at the risk that the relevant service or product may not be able to be provided to you.
Personally Identifiable Information Collection, Use and Disclosure
Information about you
In order to use our Service, you must first create an account on this web site. You must be at least 18 years old to obtain an account. In order to create an account you are required to provide your name, your email address, and choose a password to protect your account. We will also ask for your credit card information if you selected a paid version of our Service and you may optionally provide a mobile telephone number.
You may not allow any third party to share or otherwise use your password. You are responsible for your use of the website and Service and for preventing unauthorized use of your password. If you believe there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorized use of your password or any payment information, you must immediately provide notification by emailing email@example.com. MySocialScout.net. is not responsible for any loss that you may incur as a result of any unauthorized person using your account or your password.
In addition to this account information, we may request detailed personal information from you from time to time, including:
- Technical Support/Information – When you request technical support or information for the Services, we ask you for your personal information and other information necessary to answer your question or resolve your problem.
- Promotions or Contests – When you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by MySocialScout.net and/or our partners, we ask for your contact information so that our partners or we can administer the contest or promotion, and notify winners.
- Surveys/Questionnaires – We may occasionally ask our users or visitors to fill out optional surveys and/or questionnaires. These surveys/questionnaires may ask for demographic information, information about computer or mobile device use, your family demographics, and other information pertinent to provision of the Services.
- Public Forums on – If you use any bulletin board, blog or chat room on or as part of the Services, you should be aware that any information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
- Other Information You Give Us – When you use the Services, we may collect any information that you enter or give us in any other way in order to contact you about the Services. Additionally, if you want to learn more about our products or services, we may request that you fill out a form in which we ask for information such as your first/last name, mailing address, email address, as well as your phone number. We only use this information to contact you in order to provide you with information about our products and services, answer any questions that you may have, and/or help you sign up for the Services of your choice.
Information about your Children
The nature of the Service is that, with your express permission, we will collect and automatically analyze information about your children’s online and mobile device activities and contacts. There are four types of information we collect about your children.
- Profile Information. To set up each child profile on your account we ask you to provide the following information for each child: name and date of birth. We use the date of birth to help us automatically configure the product based on the age of your child.
- Online Account Information. We also ask you to optionally provide the following information: mobile phone number, email address and various online profile log-in credentials. This information is used to collect online and mobile device activity information and information about the contacts your child is communicating with online and on their mobile device.
- Mobile Device Software. Once a parent has created a child profile on our Service, our mobile device software application (which you may optionally install and run on the mobile device used by your child) will collect information about your child’s mobile phone activities and contacts.
- Information On Your child’s Activities. Once you have linked online accounts to your account and installed the mobile phone software, the Service will collect a record of your child’s online and mobile activities, including:
- the online profile/screen names, mobile telephone numbers and email addresses they and their friends use and in certain situations the text of the online or mobile phone SMS conversations themselves;
- the geographic location of your child’s mobile device;
- your child’s social networking activity and contacts;
- photographs sent, received or uploaded to the Internet by your child; and
- the websites your children visit from their mobile device.
We will never sell, rent, or otherwise provide your children’s Personally Identifiable Information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
Your child’s Personally Identifiable Information is used to report to you information about your children’s online and mobile device activities and contacts. We will never sell, rent, or otherwise provide your children’s Personally Identifiable Information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
Use of Information Collected
We use your information on an aggregated basis to do such things as operate and enhance our services, including accurately targeting promotions to users. We statistically analyze site usage, including the behavior of our users, to improve the content, layout, and services of the Service, as well as to enhance our marketing and promotional efforts. We may share aggregate information about our users with third parties, such as our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes. However, we do not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information about you to any third party without your permission or as otherwise authorized by law.
We use the information we collect to process payments, confirm renewal charges or payments to your account, administer your account and the like, as applicable to your account. Finally, we may use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the web site, new services, and special offers (including promotion of our product or third party products) we think you will find valuable. Except for communications sent to you regarding material company announcements or policy changes, if you would rather not receive this information you can indicate your preference in your account. We also comply with the Federal CAN-SPAM act by providing one-click opt out from commercial emails.
Does MySocialScout.net Share User Account Information?
- Agents – We may employ other companies and individuals who are subject to confidentiality obligations, to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include, but are not limited to, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, gathering financial account information, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, and collecting and processing payments for the Services. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotions, Sweepstakes/Contests – We may offer contests or promotions to our users from time to time. Some promotions, sweepstakes/contests may require that you provide additional information, such as your mailing address or credit card number. Such information may be shared with a third party if such third party is sponsoring the event or if the information is necessary in order to administer the service or process your transaction. Some promotions and sweepstakes/contests may also offer opportunities to request additional information from sponsors and/or may require that you share some basic information in order to participate. By requesting more information or by participating, you give us permission to transfer your personal information to the sponsor or partner so they can fulfill your request. Entry into any promotions, sweepstakes/contests is voluntary and requires specific opt in, consent and active entry by any participants.
Information Security The collected information as set out above is necessary for the performance of the Service and/or for the purpose of optimizing the functionality of the Service. This site has security measures in place to protect your personal identifying information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Because of the personal nature of the information that may be collected and maintained on this site, all personal and financial information is transmitted over an encrypted connection. MySocialScout.net has taken security measures consistent with international data protection practices so that the collected information receives an adequate level of protection.
Supplementation of Information MySocialScout.net may supplement the information that you provide and the information that we collect pertaining to your child’s online and mobile phone contacts with information that is received from third parties. This enables MySocialScout.net to provide you with the most accurate information possible with respect to who is communicating with your child online or on their mobile device.
Information Automatically Logged When you visit our site, some information may be collected automatically as part of the software operation of this site. This information may include:
- Your Internet protocol address,
- Internet service provider,
- The operating system you used,
- The referring web site address,
- The time and date of your visit, and
- The web pages or services you accessed at this site, including the first and last web pages you visited.
This intake of information pertains to technical information and although IP addresses alone can reveal the location of your computer, we will use such information only to investigate unauthorized activities. MySocialScout.net uses this information for statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the site. MySocialScout.net automatically collects information about whether installation of our mobile device software application was successfully completed or not and whether the software is running properly once installed. We use this for the purpose of evaluating and improving MySocialScout.net’s product installation success rate. This information will also be used to notify you if the software is uninstalled or the software’s settings are altered. This information will not be shared or sold to third parties.
Links to Sites of Third Parties
Changing your Personally Identifiable Information
You can review the personal information you provided us and make any desired changes to the information, or to the settings for your MySocialScout.net account, at any time by logging in to your account on the website and editing the information on your profile page or your children’s profile page(s).
Opting Out Of Messages From MySocialScout.net
Since it is necessary for us to contact you regarding certain matters, you may not opt-out of receiving messages relating to material company announcements or policy changes, or administrative matters relating to your account, like billing, collections, customer support or the like.
If you provided your personal information to MySocialScout.net for the purposes of receiving more information about the Service before choosing to sign up as a user, and you no longer want to be contacted by MySocialScout.net, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive and MySocialScout.net will remove you from the list of those who will be contacted with more information about the Service.
Information Retained After You Close Your Account
If you close your MySocialScout.net account, we may retain certain data contributed by you if it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally-identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law. Removal of Personally Identifiable Information will not insure the immediate removal of such Personally Identifiable Information from the website since some Personally Identifiable Information may remain in MySocialScout.net’s archival or backup copies of the website until that information is updated with the new archival or backup copies that include the deletion of that data.
If you choose to use any one of MySocialScout.net’s referral services to tell a friend about the MySocialScout.net Service, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address for the purpose of enabling referral emails to be sent to your friend. We will send that person an email inviting them to visit the site.
Please note that this policy is subject to change from time to time. We expect the majority of such changes to be minor, but there may be changes that are more significant. In the event there is a major change to our privacy practices, we will email you to describe such changes and post prominent notice on our Web site. If the change involves the use of your Personally Identifiable Information, the notice will contain instructions on how you can opt-out of such use. If you continue to use the MySocialScout.net Service or websites after notice of changes have been sent to you or published on our site, you hereby provide your consent to the changed practices.
MySocialScout.net uses its best efforts to secure its systems and protect all of the data in its possession and passing through its systems. If you have provided information to MySocialScout.net in the past and would like to know what information we currently have about you, feel free to contact MySocialScout.net’s custodian of personal records at:
Identity Theft 911
Custodian of Personal Records
Eduard F. Goodman
Chief Privacy Officer
7580 N Dobson Rd, Suite 201
Scottsdale, AZ 85256
Are you a European Union citizen? Are you still concerned about Identity Theft 911 and your privacy? Identity Theft 911 participates in the U.S./E.U. Safe Harbor Program and is certified as Safe Harbor Compliant. To learn more about the U.S./E.U. Safe Harbor Program and view Identity Theft 911 core privacy principles, see our Statement on Identity Theft 911 U.S./E.U. Safe Harbor Compliance.